Thursday, September 15, 2011
best experience
I love adventures and exploring, so for my senior trip I drove to Colorado to seek the ultimate adventure. I love climbing to the top of something and seeing everything from a new point of view, I find it relaxing and peaceful. I decided to climb Pikes Peak. It stands at a whopping 14,115 feet. The day before I was so nervous and I had my doubts about weather or not I could actually do it. I had a 13 mile hike slash climb ahead and just that thought made my heart pound. Once i began i was met with a steep incline trail that took 4 hours to complete. Already i was able to see for miles. My feet began to ache. yet still i pushed on. the second half of the mountain was the hardest obstacle I had ever endured. The temperature dropped into the 20's and the mountainside was covered in snow. My hands and feet became numb as the snow grew thicker. 3/4's of the way up I became furious because it seemed like i had made no progress, even though i could see to edge of the state. I realized my boot was red so took a break to check it out. Half of my foot had been consumed in a popped, bloody blister. Thank God it was to cold to feel it. I continued and the air became difficult to breathe. Just one more mile left that seemed like 100. At the last stretch i gained a freakish amount of energy and like a mad man I pushed on. Finally I had reached the top. At the peak I collapsed and looked out at the spectacular view. This was the was the place where America the beautiful had been written, and i could see why. I could see all the surrounding 3 states. Words can't describe how good I felt about myself and what I had accomplished, making this the best experience of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment