Thursday, October 20, 2011

an incident that showed kindness

Ever sinse I was about 5 years old I had a major obsession with mustangs. I knew that someday I would own one and my friends would all be jelous. So When I got a job I worked my butt off to buy myself one. By the begining of my junior year I did it, I bought myself a 2004 red mustang in perfect condition. This thing was the pride and joy of my life. One tragic day, while I was driving through a 2 lane intersection, an elderly women changed into my lane and hit me. As we pulled over I cursed excessivly. At this point I had no idea how old she was and I was ready to let her here it. I knew what she had done was illegal and so knowing I was in the right somehow fueled my anger even more. I leaped out of my car and saw a women, who looked like she was in her 90's, balling her eyes out at what she had done. she quickly aproached me and forced out the words, "I'm s-so sorry, I didnt see you. I-I didnt mean to.." and then continued to cry. This women probably hadn't been involved in an accident in years. My heart sank as I looked at the huge dent in the front left side of my car, and then turned to see her car completly untouched. Next I did something I thought i'd never do, I gave her a hug and told her,"Everyone makes mistakes. I won't make a report so don't worry about it..." A smile grew from cheek to cheek across her face as she thanked me. Nothing else needed to be said and I just drove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment